Thursday, July 19, 2007

Giro Di Burnaby 2007 - Dana Williams



By coincidence, I met Dana for the first time tonight at the Giro Di Burnaby...as he calmly prepares for his second (back to back) race after the Tour Di Gastown last night. Proudly representing "Pink"!
I also heard Steve King announce the name "Allan Prazky"...however, I had no luck in finding him for an interview and photo shoot...sorry!






Entering the criterium!






VIP racers get announced and lineup in front, what B.S...!




3-2-1...
Yes, thats actually Dana in center image. (see the flourescent pink moving at the speed of light?!)
Nice Finish Dana ! Keep on riding...

1 comment:

Dana W said...

Thanks for the support JP (and the others that came out). The lactate is still pumpin' in my legs but I'm going to try to go to sleep. Wow, what a race. The first 7-10 laps were fierce and I was actually wondering if I was going to be able to hold on...but I told myself to keep going and I'd ride myself back into the race. And that's what happened...with some help from the group slowing a bit once the lead 6 or 7 riders got away. Then it was a lot more manageable. On the second last lap I was right behind Sven Tuft and he made a move up the inside on the back straight. I decided to go with him and we did make up some good ground but I pushed a bit hard. As we passed the finish line for the last lap I was just trying to relax and recover. Luckily I was able to hang in and had some legs for a decent sprint at the finish. I'm not sure where I ended up but in the middle or first half of the chase group…I think.

Oh, one other funny fact. It seems that if you wear a pink TNA jersey and there are young girls in the crowd you become a fan favorite. I heard all these cheers "Go Dana" from voices that I didn't recognize. When I went for a cool down there was a group of probably 12 year olds saying my name. Kind of cute. They must have connected my number with my name in the program. Or maybe there was somebody there I didn't know who brought them. Anyways, it was helpful to hear the cheers.

See you all Saturday morning if it's not pouring.